Very small chrysidid, N Appenines, Italy.

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Very small chrysidid, N Appenines, Italy.

Postby briang » 23 Jun 2021 09:40

Same date and location as post just submitted. Is this perhaps a Hedychridium? I would like to know the correct genus, and species if possible. I had difficulty following this wasp, it was so small and erratic when flying. Eventually it stayed on a very small plant with reduced succulent flowers/leaves (I don’t know the name) for almost a minute, running around, flying away, then returning. The images are quite dark because the sunlight was so strong I had to shade the wasp with my body otherwise the photos were too dazzly. Any help gratefully received! There might be images that show the abdomen better.
Attachments
briang

Name: Brian Groombridge

Re: Very small chrysidid, N Appenines, Italy.

Postby Euchroeus » 24 Jun 2021 23:25

Hi Brian!

Beautiful pictures of Chrysis germari.
It's a species rather common in the place where you take pictures, but one of the most colorful :ok:

Cheers
Paolo Rosa - www.chrysis.net
Euchroeus

Name: Paolo Rosa

Re: Very small chrysidid, N Appenines, Italy.

Postby briang » 25 Jun 2021 07:17

Hi Paolo, Thanks so much for your reply. Well, perhaps I should have recognised it myself! It was among the first chrysidids that were identified for me by you lovely people on this website, back in early June 2019. Rarities are exciting but any chrysidid is a thrill, so I don’t mind “common” species!
briang

Name: Brian Groombridge

Return to Pictures | Immagini