Chrysis fulgida

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Chrysis fulgida

Postby Beetle » 19 Jul 2012 15:53

Hi, I´m a new member of this amazing forum...I´m interesting on photography, so I hope you enjoy my pictures of cockoo wasps:o) More pictures of insects you can see on www.insect-foto.com ;)
Attachments
Last edited by Beetle on 19 Jul 2012 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Beetle

Name: Pavel Krasensky

Re: Chrysis ignita

Postby Euchroeus » 19 Jul 2012 16:03

:welcome: Pavel!

Amazing pictures on your web-site!!!
Congratulations.

I will contact you in the future, because some pictures are really interesting (i.e. Chrysis equestris with parasites).

All your species are correctly ID, even if the name Holopyga austriaca does not exist (It's a Tyrner mistake) and probably your Chrysis leachii could be a male of Chrysis lanceolata Linsenmaier.

Best Regards
Paolo
Paolo Rosa - www.chrysis.net
Euchroeus

Name: Paolo Rosa

Postby Euchroeus » 19 Jul 2012 16:04

P.S.:

as you correctly ID your picture, the correct name is Chrysis fulgida Linnaeus and not Chrysis ignita, so I'll change the name of your post.

Cheers
Euchroeus

Postby Beetle » 19 Jul 2012 16:48

I´m sorry for bad name:o) I will change it...thank you for your comment Paolo.
Beetle

Postby Beetle » 19 Jul 2012 16:54

Euchroeus wrote::welcome: Pavel!

Amazing pictures on your web-site!!!
Congratulations.

I will contact you in the future, because some pictures are really interesting (i.e. Chrysis equestris with parasites).

All your species are correctly ID, even if the name Holopyga austriaca does not exist (It's a Tyrner mistake) and probably your Chrysis leachii could be a male of Chrysis lanceolata Linsenmaier.

Best Regards
Paolo

Thank you for your help... Holopyga austriaca isn´t valid name? Which name is correct for this species? Concerning the Chrysis leachii I don´t know if the species on my site is Ch. lanceolata...I haven´t seen this species before. I will ask Pavel to show me this species.
Beetle

Re: Chrysis fulgida

Postby Euchroeus » 19 Jul 2012 17:12

Hi Pavel,

I cannot ID your specimen, without its examination. It could be a male of H. austrialis Linsenmaier, 1959 (this is the correct name, as correctly written in Tyrner's paper (2007)), H. ignicollis Dahlbom (sensu Linsenmaier), or H. jurinei Chevrier (sensu Linsenmaier).

About lanceolata. You have to check the genital capsula, to be sure. This species is quite common from Nothern Italy and Austria to all the Eastern European countries till W Russia.

Best Regards
Paolo
Euchroeus

Re: Chrysis fulgida

Postby Beetle » 19 Jul 2012 19:31

I know the determination without specimen isn´t possible, as a photographer and entomologist ( I study Staphylinidae and myrmecophilous beetles) i know this problem. Concerning H. austrialis you are right, I have just checked Pavel´s paper from 2007.

You know, I have collected Ch. cf. lanceolata on the same habitat as Ch. laechii and in the same day. I will check it again.

I have been to Croatia last week and I have collected more than 12 cuckoo wasp species.

Best regards,
Pavel
Beetle

Return to Pictures | Immagini