ignita-group

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

ignita-group

Postby Paul » 05 Jul 2016 21:25

Hi again,
here I have some pictures of a species I shot last Sunday in "my" area 1km from home...
Unfortunately I'm not very firm with the ignita-group. The animal was about 7-8mm.
Maybe C. angustula?

Best regards Paul
Attachments
Paul

Name: Paul Winkler

Re: ignita-group

Postby Paul » 17 Jul 2016 18:58

Nobody out there, hwo can give me an idea about this animal?
Paul

Postby Alex » 18 Jul 2016 00:23

The ignita-group is hard enough when looking at the animal under a scope, ID'ing them from pictures is next to useless, as even if you try and find visible characters that can be gleaned from a few shots the ID will still be more or less uncertain. Unless its one of the species that have unique characters that are somewhat easily made out in photographs (eg C. brevitarsis, C. ruddii, C. terminata), but it's seldom one of those.

I'm quite sure its a species with long ovipositor and wide, evenly arched separation of the two middle teeth of the last tergite (longula, corusca, angustula, impressa, schencki, borealis, terminata, leptomandibularis, ignita, vanlithi, ruddii, subcoriacea), and its extremely unlikely its any of the last six of those species listed. Of the prior six I'm not well versed enough in general habitus and characters to try and pin it down to one, although the first three species listed seems the most likely to me (in no particular order).
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Postby Paul » 18 Jul 2016 09:01

Thanks Alex for your explainations! I'm quite sure that I can exclude longula also. From longula I habe enough material to compare. I'll sign it with an "sp." and hope I can live with...

Best regards Paul
Paul

Return to Pictures | Immagini