Chrysis with partly green T1, N Apennines, Italy

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

Chrysis with partly green T1, N Apennines, Italy

Postby briang » 23 Aug 2022 12:56

Still sorting photos from this summer, mostly poor images left. Apologies. Can anything useful be said about this chrysidid? Seem to be no apical teeth. I wondered if it could be subsinuata, but is there enough information to say this?
Found running and climbing in one of many patches of moss-like Saxifrage on an open mountainside, c1100m, along with some male mutillids, chalcidoids and smaller crabronids. Could not find it again. There are a couple of really badly unfocussed dorsal views that I have not posted. Thanks,
Brian
Attachments
briang

Name: Brian Groombridge

Re: Chrysis with partly green T1, N Apennines, Italy

Postby Alex » 15 Oct 2022 16:25

wondering if this could be C. pyrophana? The pits on the apical rim looks a bit large however (mostly in the second picture), so perhaps it could be a male C. subsinuata? Or maybe it is something else all together, I not sure
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Postby briang » 21 Oct 2022 11:32

Alex, many thanks for this reply. Confess I had not considered pyrophana. Because of my poor images, guess this will stay without an ID!Here's hoping for another sighting next year. This year turned out quite disappointing for hymenoptera in my area of the Apennines: too dry and poor floral resources.
briang

Postby briang » 21 Oct 2022 14:18

I tried to add this to my previous post but cannot edit it.
C. pyrophana is not listed as present in Italy on this chrysis.net site, so perhaps it is mainly Iberian? So guess that removes one candidate...!
briang

Postby anillus » 20 Jun 2023 16:37

Chrysis frivaldszkyi Mocsáry, 1882
anillus

Name: andrea petrioli

Postby briang » 21 Jun 2023 21:31

Hi Anillus, I just responded to your answer to my more recent post. I had not even considered a male frivaldszkyi! I forgot how different they are from females. Strangely I have never seen a female at this location or the location of the more recent one.
Brian
briang

Return to Pictures | Immagini