[Chrysis sp. - ignita complex]

[EN] Post your photos and ask for the identification
[IT] Invia le tue immagini e richiedi l'identificazione

[Chrysis sp. - ignita complex]

Postby Frank_Canon » 02 Jun 2021 15:33

This was also found on the beach in Normandy, France, coastal site on the stones.

But it looks different from the other Chrysis sp. that I recently posted here...

Last edited by Frank_Canon on 04 Jun 2021 21:58, edited 3 times in total.
Frank_Canon

Name: Frank Deschandol

Re: Another Chrysis sp.

Postby Euchroeus » 02 Jun 2021 18:42

I'm not sure about this one.

In some aspects it looks like Chrysis impressa, but I never found it alive and I don't know it's real colour in nature (I checked only a few pictures)

Maybe Alex or another friend from Central or North Europe can confirm or not.

Cheers
Paolo Rosa - www.chrysis.net
Euchroeus

Name: Paolo Rosa

Re: [Chrysis cf. impressa]

Postby Alex » 04 Jun 2021 17:15

I cannot easily place this specimen, the punctures on the abdomen seems far too fine and dense for C. impressa, as does the quite narrow apical rim. The coastal location, punctuation, red sternites and white hairs makes me think of C. rutiliventris, but it seems less "particular" than that species. Have very limited experience with C. rutiliventris, in the Nordics the blue colour is very dark, almost black, but chrysidids do get lighter as you go south.
If you have a picture showing the distance between the compound eye and the mandible joint it could be of help, but mostly to rule out species, not to actually find which one it is.
The ignita-complex needs a review in central and southern Europe, Paolo has re-instated the species rank in some described species recently, there's undoubtedly more synonyms to discover, and new species.
Alex

Name: Alexander Berg

Return to Pictures | Immagini